For Coders and Clinicians
Featuring industry experts Stephanie Fiedler and Alicia Shickle from Grassi Healthcare Advisors (GHA), this on demand presentation of a webinar conducted by Advize Health and GHA examines transgender healthcare from a holistic point of view, exploring every aspect of care from surgery to behavioral health.
- Understand terms and codes commonly associated with transgender and transitioning patients.
- Explore common denials and other issues with insurance companies.
- Overview on gender-specific services.
- Review the transition process from a holistic, top-to-bottom perspective that explores the behavioral and medical requirements of gender reassignment.
- Review a case study performed on a facility with a high volume of transgender patients, explore opportunities for fraud, medical necessity, and more.
- Deborah Imig, CPC, CPC-I, CRC
- Stephanie Fiedler, CPC, ACS-EM
- Alicia Shickle, AHFI, CHC, CPCO, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CRC
Deborah has over 35 years’ experience in the Healthcare Industry. After receiving a degree in Psychology, she turned began gaining experience in billing and coding. Previously, she served as the Director of Billing Services and Senior Educators at a major payer in the United States. Her certifications include CPC, CPC-I, and a certification in Risk Adjustment.